23 de febrero de 2008

Pattern: Fernandina (triangular shawl)

This winter many people wears shawls as a scarf and I love it but I wouldn't buy one! So I started looking for patterns, but they were too complicated or I didn't like it or they wouldn't be good for the yarn I had. I wanted something easy and fast and after trying a few times with different needles, voilà! Fernandina was born.

About the name I have to say that all my patterns have names that have to do with the book Todo bajo el cielo from Matilde Asensi and this time I chose Fernanda, who was a spanish girl from early 20th century and I pretty shure that she'd wear a shawl like this one. Fernanda wants her aunt to tell her Fernandina, not Fernanda, but the aunt finds this ridiculous.



Materials
  • 12mm. needles
  • 1 ball of artesanal acrylic from La Barcelana ( Each ball is approx. 200 gr and has approx. 200 metres.)

You have to be able to
  • Knit
  • Increase (I used kfb (knit front and back), but another method is OK)
  • Decrease (I used k2tog (teixir 2 punts junts), but another method is OK)

Level
  • Easy

Gauge
  • 8 sts x 11 rows = 10 x 10 cm. in garter stitch

Abbreviations
  • CO: Cast on
  • M1: Make one (increase one stitch)
  • K: Knit (to the end of the row)
  • sts: stitches
  • BO: Bind off

Pattern

CO 2 sts

Row 1: M1, K (to the end of the row)
Row 2: K

Repeat rows 1 and 2 until work has 55 sts (or desired length). From here:

Row 1': K2tog, K
Row 2': K

Repeat rows 1' i 2' until work has 2 sts.

BO.


It can't be easier and faster to do!



There are different ways to war it:

On your shoulders


With a knot



Around your neck

1 comentarios:

Blogger dijo...

Your Affiliate Money Making Machine is waiting -

And making money with it is as simple as 1--2--3!

Follow the steps below to make money...

STEP 1. Input into the system what affiliate products the system will promote
STEP 2. Add PUSH BUTTON TRAFFIC (it takes JUST 2 minutes)
STEP 3. Watch the system explode your list and sell your affiliate products for you!

Are you ready to make money ONLINE???

Click here to check it out

 
design by suckmylolly.com